Big Bully

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
I just noticed my oto upside down and after a close look, realized that my betta has beaten him nearly to death! I knew I should have moved him sooner, but I have been so busy I didn't have the time to acclimate him properly, this is the first time I have seen any problems from the betta with him, he's been in the tank for ... maybe 5 -6 months. He is now in my 10gal with 3 other otos, 2 zebra danios, and some pest snails, with some MelaFix... He looks pretty bad, but he's breathing and trying to swim now and then, and he's responding well to the stronger current in that tank, but he's so weak and battered, I'm not sure if he'll make it or not.

Send good vibes to poor Otto for me!

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Well, he made it through the night, he's still like a little tumbleweed if he gets into the filter flow, but he at least seems to have the energy to flip himself over if he lands on his back. :( Poor lil guy! But he's breathing better and even gets some energy and swims a little now and then. I hope he makes it, he's been through everything with us, he was one of the first fish we bought when we decided to get fish (made it through alot of oopsies and newbie mistakes). I still have some hope. Just have to baby him for a while.