Bettas

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
Sorry fishqueen, but while he is cute, your little guy is not a true crowntail, nor should he be bred. the Curvature on his Tail shows that in the next generation you would have bettas with a stumpy tail, but the rest of their fins would be fine. I have seen it many times.

And if ya wanna see some true crowntails, check out www.unclejunkin.com and check out his halfmoon crowntails. they are to kill for. I have seen his fish IRL and they are as beautiful as advertised

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
are you sure? Cuz the caudual tail is growing back clear, and as a crowntail! Anyway, I don't plan on breeding my bettas. I only have Trumpet and Tovi and both of them have some red wash, so I wouldn't want to. I've looked at a bunch of crowntail pics, and I know he's not the ideal crowntail. But it's pretty good for a Petco buy! And he's really sweet!

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
OMG Anthraxid that's sooo mean! Bettas have wonderful personalities! You shouldn't waste them for that kind of entertainment. How would YOU like it if YOU were fed to a shark or whale or something??

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
yeah, I know it's really cruel. What gets me even more mad is that the label on the cups at Petco said to feed sparingly, 2-3 times a week!!! It's supposed to be 2-3 times a day! Just because they don't eat daily in the wild, doesn't mean that pets shouldn't! They aren't wild and shouldn't be treated like they are!!

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
I agree, the reason why they dont eat everyday in the wild is because they cant and probably go hungry. I would never go a day without feeding my fish.
I think partly why pet-co say they only need feeding 2-3 times a week (the fish there must be starving) is that for people who dont know much about fish, betas are supposed to be the low maintenance, barely need to do anything to take care of it fish. Its sad.

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I love my bettas...I keep on saving them from Walmart cause I get so mad that they're kept in the cups...I currently have 3 one in a fish bowl one in a barracks and one in a large pickle jar getting better from a betta accident, I have to go buy a new fish bowl for him because I don't want to put him back in the tank in case there is another accident....I don't have a camera or I would get pics of them for you....and I feed mine betta bio gold 2-3 times a day