Betta with Ich - Trying to Treat But Now He Has Fin Rot

Mar 8, 2017
Hi there. So, I decided after having my betta for 7 months that he needed some friends. First mistake. He was happy and healthy in a 10g tank with 2 assassin snails and a golden mystery snail. So, I add 6 neon tetras and 4 die within 2 days. I immediately pull the other 2 and put in a heated 1 gallon just to get them out. My betta had also been super stressed so he relaxed a little when he got 'his' tank back. I took the last 2 tetras back to the store to just basically give back, and when I get there all of their tanks are shut down for ich. I go home and sure enough, my beautiful orange betta is covered in white spots. The store sells me Tetra brand Lifeguard all-in-one treatment (1 slow release tablet per 5 gallons of water in a carbonless filter for 5 days). I have removed my snails and put them in the 1 gallon but the golden mystery snail has died and the large assassin snail seems to be trying to eat it. Anyways, back to my betta, he's hiding in his castle, comes out once a day to try to eat but can only get to the top for about 3 seconds then gets exhausted so he has been eating off of the bottom. Also, his beautiful fins have began to fall off (rot), which surprised me because the treatment was for all diseases including fin rot. I am on day 4 of the treatment, and have one more day before a 25% change and putting the carbon back in. He is so much worse, and still has white spots. I went to another pet store and they sold me aquarium salt to start using after the ich treatment, with raising the heat, and melafix for his fins. Is this all too much?! He is so stressed and it's breaking my heart.

Thanks.