Betta with african dwarf frogs?

Layla

Small Fish
Apr 3, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
I have a betta in a small tank about 1.5 to 2 gallons and was thinking of adding a frog ot two (I read they prefer to be with others). Is that a good idea?

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
i'd say it's a little small to put a betta and adf in...1.5 gallons is hardly enough room for a betta to stretch his fins... I have a betta in a 5 gallon tank and am about to add an otto... I'd say get at least a 3 or 4 gallon tank... maybe even 5.... you might be able to try getting one but you'd have to do a lot more water changes and be very careful about water parameters, etc... if you're looking for a friend for the betta why not try ONE snail? (Snails will overtake your tank if you aren't careful! I started out with a pond snail and ended up picking over 50 out of the tank by hand then washing out the rest... aagh!) i dunno... might want other people's opinons first... :p

Hockeygrrl

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2003
South Jersey
www.noemimendez.com
I have a dwarf african frog in with my betta in a 2 gallon eclipse tank. He seems to be doing fine. They don't interact with one another. I am having concerns about him eating, I haven't seen him do it. I may go out and buy some sinking pellets and see if that helps.