Betta lover's spawning journal

May 22, 2011
wow that's a lot of bettas!!! I have 6 and I'm also trying to breed mine...I have 3 females and 3 males....but not sure what to do. The people at petsmart and petsupermarket told me never to put bettas together. So they're all in seperate tanks/bowls. But I have been putting some of their tanks together so they can at least see each other for a few hrs each day (I read that somewhere). But I don't know how to tell if they're ready or interested in each other. My hubby calls me aquawoman...I think it's a compliment hahahaha. My son loves the fishes too...he's the one that got me into them. He wants to see lil baby fishes soon!

Oct 15, 2010
Getting more breeder pairs. A couple losses recently- so I have the room. 2 out, 2 in for example. I may also put a pair in the spawning tank- of my current bettas, multiple pairs are ready to spawn.

Oct 15, 2010
EEEEE! They are spawning!!!!! :D :D :D I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!

The male:

I don't have any pics of the female...she is all blue. I am taking a video- will be shared later. ;) Oh yes! It is a red/blue dragon HM (halfmoon) pair from a registered betta breeder.