betta divider

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
I just bought a mini bow 2.5 tank with a betta divider and all they do is fight the divider will tehy ever get tired of that? I don't want them to get so stressed that they die. also should i take the filter out could it cause to much movement of the water for the betta's?

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
What I'd do is get another 2.5 gallon tank. That's pretty small for a couple of bettas. Just cuz they CAN live in small space, doesn't mean they're happy! How would you like to live in one room in a house your entire life? The filter would probably be a bit strong for the little guys in such a small space. As for bumping against the divider, i don't know... I only have one betta in a 5 gallon minibow.... he's a sweetie!

Mar 11, 2003
Maybe add more plants to each of the sides. I think if you spilt it evenly 1.25 gallons is an adequete living space. I have my Ruby in a 1 gallon bowl which he LOVES because it has a fake amazon sword plant that speads out in it and he has a lot room. Sapphire is also in a 1 gallon with plants, and he is happy too! Just make sure they can hide from each other (hence the plants) so they don't get stressed out.

Alexa