Betta Bubbles

Apr 10, 2003
Central Arkansas
Visit site
Ok, yes I'm still a newbie and this is puzzling to me, so if anyone knows something about this please let me know...

I did a water change for Nash on Friday, nice clear water and Nash loved it...swam around, got his workout..hehe. When I got here on Monday, I noticed bubbles all along waterline...and I noticed that before and thought it was something wrong with the water...so what gives? Is Nash making these bubbles? And if so...WHY?????????

Woody

Oct 22, 2002
Nash is making those bubbles because he is a male betta and he wants to breed. In nature he would then coax a female under the nest and keep the eggs and fry suspended in his bubble nest.

Oct 22, 2002
NO, that is not what you want to do, she will be killed. If you want your bettas to breed you will have to get a couple of females fatten them up and then introduce one into a ten gallon with the male.

Mar 11, 2003
This [the bubblenest] is a sign of health and happiness. He doesn't need a female, and unless you want them to spawn...he never will. If you put two bettas (one being male) there will be a dead betta as a result. If you want multiple amounts together (which is not what you suggested, just thought you might want the info) get females. You are very lucky to have a bubble blower!

Alexa