Bamboo shrimp

Jan 7, 2011
i was wonderin if anyone had any bamboo shrimp id like to know if there are any personal experience with these fellers not much info online any experience

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
need high flow and cooler water temps.... mine was with my tiger barbs and they chased him all over my tank... I saw him the first week then went missing... i saw him a month later and then gone forever.... I have a lot of hiding spots but still meh... I'd rather have an amano shrimp

I kept two, a male and a female. There are a few threads in the invertebrate section with a bit of information on mine. In general I wouldn't keep them in a tank that is less than 10g (personally I think 10g is pushing it mine were in 36g) I also wouldn't keep them in a non-live planted tank. They do feed from currents, they are filter shrimp so you need a strong current that can have food in the water column for them to feed. I didn't really have much so had to target feed and would use blood worms.

So far, I don't think anyone has had them breed in captivity. Mine did fine in 74-78deg F water and did fine with my other fish. They like driftwood to hide in after they shed, because of course when shedding occurs they're very fragile and need hiding.

But fun shrimp to have, fun to watch as well.

Jan 7, 2011
i keep my temps around 78-81 its shed and its doin great it has a strond current but tends to pic throw the gravel. i have an activflora as a substrate maybe it likes it idk but i feed it baby brine shrip. in a very heavilly planted tank with drift wood.

I am sure yours are fine but typically it isnt good for them to scavenge through the substrate because it would mean they are not getting enough food in the current, but with yours I am sure they find the brine shrimp in the gravel. Since they dont have claws so to speak that is another reason they dont scavenge through the substrate, it makes it difficult.