Bad Eyes- Need Help!!

Gooose

Small Fish
Feb 5, 2007
Hi guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated. About two weeks ago one of my discus developed this cloudy white patch on his eye. It is not on his whole eye, just part of it and it doesnt seem to be getting bigger. I am not sure if it is the beginning stage of cloudy eye syndrome, or maybe Popeye bc his eyes, the bad one in particular, seems to be popping out of his head, I am not sure if that is normal bc my other discus’s eyes are aligned with there head and aren’t sticking out. Other than that he eats and acts completely normal. I have a quarantine tank set up if I need it. I have pictures so you can take a look for yourself but the system wont let me attach them bc the file is too big. Thanks so much. If anybody knows any ways i can post my pictures(they are 2.5 mb each) i would greatly appreciate it.

Tank Specs: 55 gallon
PH- 7.6(i know a bit high but they have adapted great thank God)
84 degrees F
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
.25 nitrate

Gooose

Small Fish
Feb 5, 2007
I Got Pictures

I was able to get some pictures, Please dont be fooled bc it might seem to appear that the white spot is a reflection from the light but it is always there. I tried to take pictures to show how far off his face his eyes are. all advice or comments are welcome.

Attachments

sphed

Large Fish
Feb 14, 2007
Do a 50% water change. Do this everyday until you see some improvement.

Your ph does not matter with discus, one of the big myths. Ph only matters when you are trying to breed. Discus are very hearty fish. They just need daily water changes which is why they are a challenging fish to take care of. I also dont use any chlorine remover or tap water conditioner. I just poor the water in straight out of the tap. Its all about clean water and daily feedings.