baby Red Belly Pirahna

Feb 20, 2007
I have a 5 gallon with a Betta, a Silver shark, a small Columbian shark, & an African cichlid. The Betta & the cichlid fight a little. I have two cichlids....don't know what type in a ten gallon. My newest tank is a 20 gallon & I've added two baby RBs. What should I feed them at this stage, how fast will they grow? & at what size would they become dangerous & or predatory? ......& oh yeah, the potentially larger fish in the five gallon are going to the ten gallon real soon!

Last edited:

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
Um...you do know the fish in your ten gallon-sans betta- need a MUCH larger tank right? and that cichlids and bettas typically shouldn't be kept together. and i'm pretty sure rbs need big tanks too....

Sep 11, 2006
Northeast Ohio
Ok..cichlids need to be moved asap..and even a ten gallon tank is to small with all those other fish in there..
From what i've read and researched about piranha you need atleast a 55 gallon tank..and even then they may grow out of it..

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Breeze7050 said:
I think there's a troll in the forum.
Ditto.
I was thinking of responding for a split-second last night, but then I came to the same conclusion. I think this person might just be trying to 'get a rise' out of everyone.

I'm still willing to give the benefit of the doubt, of course, but I'm not exactly holding my breath either. Maybe he/she will come back and prove that they're serious; contrary to our suspicions. :confused:

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Breeze7050 said:
BV - for the sake of the fish, we can only hope they don't...
Ah...good point.
I had pictured a bunch of little juvenile fish in the supposed 5 gallon tank that was described at the start of this thread, but that is probably wishful thinking on my part. Even with young fish, it is a pretty crappy setup...lots of incompatibility. :(

You're right Breeze, they would be much better off in a better home than a 5 gallon tank or even a 10 gallon tank. :eek:

BV

I agree with everyone on here, that is WAY to small for the cichlids and Pirhanas. You should have done some reserch on your fish before making that move. Either get a bigger tank for the fish in the 10G and take the pirhanas back, or vise versa.

And Pirhana-Man, what does your java fern or whatever have to do with the persons fish????