baby platies' colors

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[glow=Blue,strength,width]That's about right. My guppies took a little less than that and I would expect the little platties to do the same as Shane said. I guess you'll just have to be patient.

Ryan ;D
[/glow]

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
with my guppies, i have my temp two degrees above normal and use fresh water every two days. i feed them bloodworms and fry pellets. this i find makes them grow larger faster, so i can sell them to the pet shop every 3-4 weeks. my last lot started to show their snakeskin patterns at 2 weeks, and were ready to sell a week after.

They are showing good colors now. Most have the mickey pattern like their mom and black spots on their sides like their dad and are either yellow like dad or blue like mom. I have 3 males and 1 female like this. The other two are females and have a turquoise irridescence with varying (height & width) vertical stripes on them. Most of the babies also have a black edge on their anal and/or dorsal fin like their mom.

I'm feeding them crushed flakes, algae chips, and frozen daphnia.

My new snakeskin pair haven't had babies yet. I can't wait. They are so beautiful.