automatic fish feeders?

raydobbs

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Edina, MN
www.stf-beyond.com
Well, I use a model I got at Petsmart - and it works pretty well.  The only bummer is that it only seems to do two feedings max a day.  My fish are little pigs, so I turned mine down to one feeding a day - and feed frozen food every other day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).

I've heard Eheim makes a rock-solid unit for multi-feedings, but have never seen it in action.  :>

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
anybody have any thoughts on this? like what brand would be best etc?

i was thinking of this because i work all day long and don't get home till late. so rather than feed them one huge meal at night, i could set it so they get a lil' each day.

Oct 22, 2002
I used one, once - and that was enough.  Went on holiday and came back to a clogged feeder machine.

I suppose they have their uses, but not for me :)  They also seem quite expensive for what they are.

If you're going on holiday your fish'd be fine for a week, maybe as long as a fortnight - you'd be surprised how much stuff is available to eat in a tank that we can't see but our fish can :)

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
I've seen those models with the air attatchment also.  It was either at www.petwarehouse.com or www.worldpets.com  I cant remember which for sure.  I've never tried one personally though.  I used to have an automatic feeder for when I went on vacations...but it wasnt worth the high price.  The air pump style might be much better.