Duluth, GA 30096

Dino

Large Fish
Mar 3, 2007
90 degrees north
So the auction was yesterday.

The good things:

Time spent with other hobbyists.

Picked up several new species of goodied and a new species of swordtail ( maye, the southern most of the swordtail species), some AWESOME 90% black Moscow guppies, a couple new species of plants.

Back issues of other clubs bullitens ( I collect fish lit, like I need something else to collect).

The bad things:

Kids do not need to be used as runners ( I would not want the 100$ discus I just bought being brought to me by a 7 year old who can barely hold onto the bag)

People from other clubs bringing JUNK to our auction ( partial hoods, lights with no ballast, HOB's with no motors).

The club did not enforce the limit of bags a species a person could bring.
One guy brought 30 bags of the same African cichlid, which by bag 3 were going 1$ a bag and taking up too much time to move.

Folks from other clubs bringing in fish and then tag teaming them up in price.

Our club members sitting on their behinds while the club officers do all the work.

So, in all, a typical fish club auction.

Last edited:

rand22

Small Fish
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
So the auction was yesterday.

The good things:

Time spent with other hobbyists.

Picked up several new species of goodied and a new species of swordtail ( maye, the southern most of the swordtail species), some AWESOME 90% black Moscow guppies, a couple new species of plants.

Back issues of other clubs bullitens ( I collect fish lit, like I need something else to collect).

The bad things:

Kids do not need to be used as runners ( I would not want the 100$ discus I just bought being brought to me by a 7 year old who can barely hold onto the bag)

People from other clubs bringing JUNK to our auction ( partial hoods, lights with no ballast, HOB's with no motors).

The club did not enforce the limit of bags a species a person could bring.
One guy brought 30 bags of the same African cichlid, which by bag 3 were going 1$ a bag and taking up too much time to move.

Folks from other clubs bringing in fish and then tag teaming them up in price.

Our club members sitting on their behinds while the club officers do all the work.

So, in all, a typical fish club auction.
That sounded like a good day, I was in the ATL for a different reason NOPI!! so I couldn't attend but I hope my boss will let me off for the charlotte auction. I live in gastonia, nc so this one will be closer!