Aquatop Heater

Sep 19, 2013
Hi. I'm somewhat new to the aquarium world. I've only had a 10 gallon and just recently purchased a 60 gallon. Anyway, I had bought an Aquatop 300w glass submersible heater and I followed box instructions and it has never worked properly. I've had it about two weeks, the temp is set at 79F and my thermometer reads 68F. Luckily all I have in the tank right now is four zebra danios and they don't seem to mind the temp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what heater would be best to replace my crappy one with?

Feb 27, 2009
That brand is normally a good one. Are you sure its plugged in properly? Have you tried to adjust the temperature dial?

I've used them for years with no issues. I also use EHEIM and Marineland products.

Can you return the Aquatop for a refund or exchange?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yea maybe a faulty heater.
i second the return for a new one idea. if that still doesn't work then try another brand heater. 300W sounds like a lot for only 60gals?

also are you sure you have enough circulation in the tank to drive the water past the heater? if there is no water movement then the heater will only heat the water around itself and the rest of the tank can still be cold. make sure you have medium current. a filter rated for more than you tank size should make a decent current.