AquariumGuys Under New Management - 8% Off Code Still Available!

Oct 20, 2010
Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that AquariumGuys.com is under new management. We're currently revamping the site inventory - I'm sure you've clicked some items that were unavailable for ordering, had strange pricing, etc. We're working to fix all of this. We're also working to provide considerably better customer service. We'll be rolling out a new site design and have started our email list/marketing again as well.. *thumbsup2

But, that's not why I'm here. I just want to announce that the 8% Discount Code for MyFishTank.net members is once again available!

How to receive discount:

1. Send a PM to Aguys_Richard and ask for the discount code. He works from 8-5 M-F EST. It's that simple.

If you simply ask for it on the forum, you will not receive it...you must PM Aguys_Richard. Richard will also go back 2 weeks from today and PM those of you who requested it from Pearl.

Please enjoy the discount, and if you have any questions, comments..or yes, even complaints about Aquariumguys.com, be sure to run them by us here.

Regards,

Matt (Aguys_Matt)

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Hello; I contacted Aquarium Guys by e-mail a while back before the change in management. I wanted to purchase some supplies, but was told that a personal check was not an acceptable form of payment. I suggested that the check be held until it cleared the bank before sending the merchandise or perhaps that I send a money order. I was told these methods of payment were not acceptable. I do not feel comfortable entering credit card information on line. I am in the process of fixing up a recently purchased home and plan to have an aquarium room. I will need supplies and your site listed many of these things. I can eventually get them somewhere else, but my location is sixty miles from a decent fish shop.
Perhaps some other sort of accommodation can be made? I rarely need anything in a hurry. If you do not wish to post an answer on this form, send a personal message.

blue_ram

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2008
Florida
Hello; I contacted Aquarium Guys by e-mail a while back before the change in management. I wanted to purchase some supplies, but was told that a personal check was not an acceptable form of payment. I suggested that the check be held until it cleared the bank before sending the merchandise or perhaps that I send a money order. I was told these methods of payment were not acceptable. I do not feel comfortable entering credit card information on line. I am in the process of fixing up a recently purchased home and plan to have an aquarium room. I will need supplies and your site listed many of these things. I can eventually get them somewhere else, but my location is sixty miles from a decent fish shop.
Perhaps some other sort of accommodation can be made? I rarely need anything in a hurry. If you do not wish to post an answer on this form, send a personal message.
If you follow some basic rules, buying onine with a cc is safer than using a cc at a restaurant.

1. Install antivirus software on your computer and keep it updated.
2. Only use 1 card for online purchases.
3. Only shop at known and reputable places.
4. Do not use a debit card, use a credit card only.

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Hello; Thanks for the reply. For what it is worth, I do not use a credit card at restaurants. So far they still take cash. Others have given very similar advice for using a cc online. I still do not trust financial or personal information on a computer connected to the internet. My computer was corrupted this past summer by a virus that can steal such information.
I shopped online for boots last summer and was then able to send a written order with a check. I guess that the business world has changed a lot. I am willing to buy from your business and lack understanding about why you have only one method ( I include paypal, which I also will not use.) of receiving payment. It has been a few months since I first tried to place an order with you. I found some of the things needed at that time, but will need more supplies as I get more tanks set up. This impasse over payment methods is puzzling at this point.
I suspect that your business has a bank account of some sort. If I send you a check, can you not hold the merchandise until my check clears your bank? This is a process used by other places where I shop. Most ship right away once I become a regular customer, but waiting is not a problem.

Oct 20, 2010
Aquariumguys and Personal Checks

Hi Skjl47, I understand your concern, and I hate to turn you away. Unfortunately, and I know this sounds strange, AquariumGuys.com, as a strictly online business, isn't setup to receive personal checks/money orders, even if they are mailed to us ... it's not so much the trust factor of the business/customer involved here. There are a couple potential options I would like to recommend to you though.

1. Based on your comments and concern, I don't think this would be a viable option for you, but you could call our customer service directly and give them the credit card number; so you wouldn't be transmitting it directly from your end (less web transfer/risk). The number is..(877)-717-9922 and Richard would help you out.

2. Check out some of MyFishTank.net's other sponsors who may offer the check service. For full-line aquarium products, ThatFishPlace.com is probably your best shot, or GetAHugeTank.com if you're looking for strictly tanks for your aquarium room. I think they will both match prices as well if you see something we're selling for less...and you may :)

I'm sorry I couldn't help you further, good luck with your Fish Room!

Regards,

AGuys_Matt

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Hello Matt; Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am probably not typical in the way that I handle finances. I do not buy until enough funds are in hand for a purchase. I have not financed anything since the mid 80's. The balance is always paid in full each month whenever a CC is used. I used savings to purchase my first home last spring. I doubt that my concerns about internet security are held by very many of your potential customers.
I may call the number you gave me at some point. So far I have found only one fish supply business that will take mail orders.(Foster and Smith Aquatics). The others I contacted have policies similar to yours.