Anybody wants some free vallisneria in S. Cal?

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Too many vallisneria runners covering my tank.  If you want some of that or wisteria come and get it in S. Cal.  We can meet half way if you have some clippings too.

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Man, I am really sorry.  I think I threw away like 30 huge vallisneria and gave like 50 away to some dude who came by and picked it up.  Vallisneria is such a weed.  Couldn't see any fish because it was like a forest.
It's a pity I wasted money on it considering live plants cost an arm and a leg at the fishstore. :eek:

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I only have riccia, anubias, and your glossos right now.  I ran out of CO2 last week and now the algae is starting to build up.  Gotta filled them up quick and it appears that the glosso will definitely need more light than 2 W/G.  Going to have to put in a power compact in their area.

Oct 22, 2002
Okay, well I live in LA, so if anyone else does and you have plant cast-offs or need a home for freshwater babies, let me know.  After viewing the amazing tank set-ups on this site, my 10 gal looks pretty sparse.  

Oct 22, 2002
YOU KIDDING RIGHT!!!!!! I got some of those.....and they just had to die on me.  *laughingcryingsmiley*Produced some 3 runners in 2 months!!! Now all I have is one 4 inch tall vallisneria.

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=nonamethefish link=board=classified&num=1008113273&start=0#9 date=06/29/02 at 07:29:25]
YOU KIDDING RIGHT!!!!!! I got some of those.....and they just had to die on me.  *laughingcryingsmiley*Produced some 3 runners in 2 months!!! Now all I have is one 4 inch tall vallisneria.
[/quote]
I don't think I am going to get vallisneria again.  They grow too tall and too fast.  I was going to pull my hair out because I couldn't keep up with maintenance.