another puffer

mak

New Fish
Jul 15, 2003
Nebraska
Visit site
I wouldn't put any more puffers than you have in a 10 gallon tank. Puffers are high waste fish and should be allowed at least 3 gallons of water per inch of fish. When full grown your two puffers will need a larger tank as it is.
Have you considered getting a larger tank for your Oscar and moving your puffers into that tank? Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you do. I hope they continue to do well for you.
mak

Jul 21, 2003
Cumming,GA
Visit site
I Would Get Another I Collect Puffers And Have Two Dwarf Puffers,Two Green Spotted Puffers,And Am Planning To Get A Figure Eight PufferThey Are Excellent Fish But Highly Wasteful And Need High Mantienence If You Keep Alot!But Are Great Fish As Long As You Do Keep The Tank Clean By Cleaning It Every Day Or Every Two Days.I Wouldn't Reccommend It Though If You Don't Get to Tend to Your Fish Alot.

CoNMaN

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
I wouldnt put another puffer in there, PUffs are oooookay together as long as they are added at the same time. If you add other fish after a puff has established a tank as its own, it dont like company, and when the puffs get older they fight more often then when they are young, so dont get false hopes that all will be okay when things start out okay. If you are going to have more then jsut a puff in a tank, be sure to add the non puffs 1st, and if you have to add to a puff tank, reallly rearange the tank to make it look like a diff tank. let alone the puffers being nippy lil buggers, that is a tight squeeze for another fish to be in. I wouldnt recomend the addition

*edit* I have read on sites that as territorial as puffs are they require 5 gal a piece as a good rule of thumb.

Last edited:

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
ten gallons are good for 2 puffers tops. i kind of want to get a female/male(whatever i dont have, but id need to put the first in a bucket for a day or so so i could put them in at the same time. change the tank around too:D