Angelfish nipping?

Nov 8, 2016
I have a 30 gallon tank and recently bought a new angel. I have two now, and I believe that they are a male and female, although I'm not a hundred percent sure. I have recently noticed that the female (who is larger than the male) has frayed and nipped fins. The male also seems to have these. I have two rather small gold barbs (very peaceful) and three cory cats along with the angels. I do water changes every two weeks. I really want to know why they are doing this, as i don't want their beautiful fins to become damaged. Thanks in advance :)

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Without actually witnessing the aggression, it's tough to tell. Some pairs of angels will get along, some not so much. Even some angels by themselves can be nasty to other fish. How do you know you have a matched M/F pair? The only way you can do this is if they successfully breed.

I've got a pair of adult angels in my 55g. They get along and have laid eggs a few times, but the eggs always disappear. It could be a pair of females for all I know. I dunno if they're eating them or the other fish in this community tank do.