Angelfish diseases

Dec 28, 2005
LA,Ca
I am thinking about getting discus but I want to keep my angelfish. How common is it to get that disease that angelfish carry? Can angelfish lose this disease over time? I have had them for over 3 years could that be reason enough to believe they have no disease? Also sorry that this seems more angelfish related but its still discus.
Thanks in advance!

Dec 28, 2005
LA,Ca
cool, I am trying to get my neighbors discus because he is not responsible enough. He has 5 tanks in one room. I go to his house almost every weekend and hang out. Everything he has tends to die for some reason. I have tried helping him but it just keeps dieing. i have persuaded him to stop buying hard to keep fish and he is somewhat doing well. He has a discus that he keeps in a 2.5 gallon tank which has like perminant vertical bars and i keep trying to persuade him to let me have it but he refuses. So I am going to get my own discud and in time hopefully i can get him to give it to me for a while until he becomes better at this hobby. It sound a little selfish but I just want to keep his discus alive for him, it is really a beauty.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
OMIGAWD! 2.5g!!! wth!
if you cant get him to give it to you tell him itll die if he doesnt move it. i would strangle someone if they were that stupid to do that!
itll probably be so stunted and will most likely die soon because the water quality must be going downhill and the temperture fluxuates so much hell die of stress before anything else.
people make me angry -.-

we should write a petition to get the fish outta there!

and ya, your angels will be fine with the discus. but i would advise taking the angels out and placing them in abucket, maybe moving a few ornaments, putting discus in first, then replacing the angels. itll help with any aggression towards the discus that the angels might have.