angel pic

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Its a beautiful angel, but why is it called a "jet black angel" if you can see its stripes on silver? Are there not angels that are completely black? I am rather confused about the types of angels - like what constitutes a "veil tail angel", etc. The pictures I have seen does not always make if very clear.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Thanks, OC, but that is a little over my head. It discusses genes and alleles (new word for me). It doesn't say what makes an angel a veil tail or the difference between lace and veil tail- I noticed some have horizontal strips on their tails and others vertical. Some have real long slender fins and others shorter wider. Jet Black doesn't look jet black to me and at what point is it considered black or just grey/silver with black strips. I can't tell what the difference is between "ghost" and smokey". I know I have one koi, but apparently there are different types of koi - they aren't koi just because they're orange, white and black. You can see I need some thing much more elementary. Not only that , but I also need a lot more practice with my camera - after half an hour of trying, I do not have any pictures worth sharing.