american flagfish compatible with apistos?

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
well you see... the javamoss is a main aspect with regards to the composition...

Also, it would make a whole lotta mess if I remove the java moss, then remove the driftwood and rocks to reattach new (uncontaminated) java moss.  
But I guess it could be a possibility.

Have you ever had an American Flagfish?  Does it eat as much green thread algae, than does a SAE with black brush algae?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
Here's a link on information about flagfish for ya. found it while surfin' around. hope it's useful. might answer your questions.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~davyreynolds/fishindex/americanflagfish.htm

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
Any one have experience on whether or not my apisto's (apistogramma borelli) would react aggressively to a badly needed american flagfish?

I'm currently fighting a losing battle with green thread algae that's all tangled up in my java moss.

If it makes a difference, the apisto's are spawning, currently raising a brood right now.  If I do get one, i'll be sure to add it after the fry is ready for their own fry tank.  That way there'll be less stress for my female borelli.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i don't know much about apistos in general so i can't help you with that..

but with the green thread algae, wouldn't it be easier to remove the java moss? since java moss grows back easily. might be easier to remove the java moss that's tangled with green thread algae.

I've heard that bleaching your plants will also do the trick, but i've never gone that route before.

congrats on the spawning. wish my fishes could do that. haha.