Alligator gar

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
I do like gar, he is one pretty cool little fish, too bad you had to get rid of him, but they get to be quite a monster. I remember fishing in oklahoma, at night we would usually find a gar following the boat, picking up whatever we tossed.

Mike61704

Small Fish
Jan 15, 2009
www.exidous.com
he was just getting too big for the tank, otherwise i would have kept him forever. I know these fish have a bad rep but he had one of the coolest personalities i have ever seen in a fish, i will post a picture later that clearly shows it. laid back and relaxed, he would float to the top and i would pet his back every day when i got home from work. definatly a great pet when he was around.

Mike61704

Small Fish
Jan 15, 2009
www.exidous.com
the gar and his best friend the apple snail. believe it or not that snail was fast!! and the gar would gently push the snail off the glass when he was sliding on the glass to make the snail float to the top and float with the current to the other side of the tank. i think the gar got a kick out of doing it. anyway here he is chiling with his best bud.

Attachments

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
oh and I aint going to bust ur nuts about this casue I know one fish will not cause an issue but releasing it in mo is a tid bit illegal. not exactly a native fish. but it is a shame that u had to get rid of it. would be cool if u were able to keep it till it hit it's 200+lb range.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
and one reason y I said i aint going to bust ur nuts about it lol. and besides it can't come north to me cause it just gets to cold for them so I aint worried about hooking into it lol

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
A story in my town is that a guy let a goldfish lose in our local lake. (It became famous) because people and I would see it once in a great while.. like couple years apart. Anyways one day I was fishing for bass and I got that goldfish on my line it was bigger then bass. I threw it back into the lake.