Algae Eater

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Hi all!! My 10g has been running for a while now (couple months or so) and my Danios are about a week in the tank now. My betta, has been in there about 4 days (she's doing well and can't catch the danios *laughingc )

Anyway, I would like to add an algae eater, are there small breeds that don't grow to big, and that would be OK with the fish I currently have?

I understand it's a small tank, and I don't want a fish that going to add huge amounts to the bio-load, or get to big for the tank. Any help would be great!

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Otocinclus Catfish(Oto) Click on the link in my sig that says How to Keep a Healthy Otocinclus to learn about them. They only grow to about 1.5 inches and are one of the best algae eaters.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Cool...I always thought all algae eaters got larger, but 1.5 inches would be perfect. I'm going to assume my tank won't have vast amounts of algae to eat (I see none on the glass, and only very little on the rocks) So I'll be sure to grab a bag of algae wafers also.
Smalltank3 said:
Otocinclus Catfish(Oto) Click on the link in my sig that says How to Keep a Healthy Otocinclus to learn about them. They only grow to about 1.5 inches and are one of the best algae eaters.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Yea, I'm not planning on buying him/adding him until next weekend so, at least another 8 days (Besides I'm there so much lately I'm getting to be on a first name basis with my LFS..Kinda freakin me out :D )
Lotus said:
If you only put the betta in four days ago, it would be a good idea to wait a few more days before you add another fish.