Agreesive VS friendlyness

taybelZ

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
ok, i bought 2 blue rams the other day from my LFS. They were too young to determine sexes, anyway i put them in my 15 gallon tank and they seem to peck/kiss/chase each other some times it looks friendly and other times it looks like aggressiveness. Anway i was just curious if this was a sign of anything, and should i just leave them or do split them up?  
ALso if they are 2 males.. would addding a female be of any use? or would it get picked on as well?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i have 3 pairs of blue rams in my tank. they do that all the time. i don't think they're capable of hurting each other seriously enough. so let them be. they're just marking out their territories. usually, it's best to have a ratio of 2:1 female to male.

D

discusaquarium

yeah its normal, dont worry about it, thats why they are called "rams" they head-butt alot. made sense to me when i heard it. ;D

R

ronrca

Like mentioned, dont worry about it. My male and female do it all the time also. She has layed eggs 3 times in 4 weeks so it seems to be normal. At first I thought the same way.