• Platies
  • African Dwarf Frog
  • Cherry/Ghost Shirmp
  • Guppies
  • Otto
  • GAE/CAE/SAE
  • Black/Neon Tetras
  • Zebra Danio
  • Open Slots because of the fact that my fish store offers 100+ types of freshwater fish

Remember not all of these fish are going in my tank their just some I am going to choose from. And also won't be all stocked at once.

Last edited:

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
kda2011 said:
I think this is some types of fish I might use:

• Mollies
  • Platies
  • African Dwarf Frog
  • Cherry/Ghost Shirmp
  • Guppies
  • Otto
  • GAE/CAE/SAE
  • Black/Neon Tetras
  • Zebra Danio
  • Open Slots because of the fact that my fish store offers 100+ types of freshwater fish
wow...youre planning looks a lot like my first couple of drafts for my 55...only big difference is that being the tetra obsessed person i am, there were/are a few more tetras on my list

and i want an LFS that has that many choices! Mine has maybe a third to a half of that...though maybe in the long run thats a good thing, im already having a hard enough time making up my mind...:rolleyes:

fishbrain

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Central NY, USA
www.geocities.com
kda2011 said:
So choose these:

Mollies
Platies
African Dwarf Frogs
Cherry/Ghost Shirmp
Guppies
Ottos
GAE/CAE/SAE's
Black/Neon Tetras
Zebra Danios
Tiger Barbs
Gouramis
Mollies- I'm personally not a fan of them
Platies- there's some pretty ones
African Dwarf Frogs- I can see the attraction I guess; something other than fish, doing strange things
Cherry/Ghost Shirmp- cherry shrimp can be a bit pricey but cool addition as long you have nothing with them that eat them (none listed that I know of)
Guppies- ok..... not with Tigers
Ottos- nice little fish IMHO
GAE/CAE/SAE's- GAE??? (IDK), CAE get nasty from all accounts, SAE are cool but can get 6" (just bigger than anything else listed)
Black/Neon Tetras- both pretty in decent schools & seem like they'd be great together, awesome contrast
Zebra Danios- fun to watch chasers
Tiger Barbs- beauties that need care in choosing tankmates for & a decent school
Gouramis- 1 as a centerpiece fish unless you get Sparkling gouramis (pygmy croaking gourami)

One of the ways I use to shrink my stocking lists is to impose limits on myself; pick a color scheme or a region/continet where all stock would've originated from, pick fish for the different regions of the tank (top, middle, bottom) itself is another way.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Good downlow fishbrain. Kda, make notes of the above when choosing. I am going to say you would probably be better off switching the frogs for kuhli loaches though, but theat's just me. My reasoning is as previously mentioned (in another post) the frogs are hard to keep in a big tank, that AND kuhlis are just so kool! LOL If you haven't seen them in person (expecially the striped ones) give them a chance before you make your final decision, they are crazy little worms of fun! LOL The frogs are pretty neat, maybe put them in your other tank?