African dwarf frog and ghost shrimp

lazyguy

Small Fish
Jul 21, 2004
Petersburg, IL
Visit site
i have 2 african dwarf frogs in my 10 gal tank and i have decided that feeding them is too much work (the fish eat it, tangles in the plants) and so i am going to give them their very own tank (a currently out of use 5.5 gal) and i was wondering if they would try to eat ghost shrimp if i put som in with them?
N E comments will be greatly appriciated

lazyguy

Small Fish
Jul 21, 2004
Petersburg, IL
Visit site
yea that is what i have been feeding them (bloodworms i meen) it is just dificult to get them to the bottom...no i didnt meen i was goin to feed the shrimp to them! i want to try to keep them! lol sry if the wording in my initial post indicated otherwise... well thnx for the help, it looks like i will get some shrimp (as friends not food) for the frogs

Jan 19, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
Have you tried feeding them with tongs/tweezers? I feed mine using a pair of long plastic tongs, and it works pretty well. Even with such control over where their food goes, I still have to separate their betta tankmate as he is too fat and will consume every last bloodworm that he finds.

lazyguy

Small Fish
Jul 21, 2004
Petersburg, IL
Visit site
nope i havent tried the tweezers but im pretty lazy so idk if i would be able to keep that up lol and yea that is the way my tetras eat,like your betta, without end... nuther question.. how long will ghost shrimp live? and also should i supplement their diet with more than the sinking pellets? or will that be enough?...im planing to get these shrimp within the week, if i can find them at least, they were out at petco

Sep 4, 2005
ghost shrimp live about a year-year and half, and will eat anything at the bottom of the tank no yet eating, mine go nuts for the frozen blood worms i feed my dwarf frog

Oct 26, 2013
socal
lazy feeding for adf's

nope i havent tried the tweezers but im pretty lazy so idk if i would be able to keep that up lol and yea that is the way my tetras eat,like your betta, without end... nuther question.. how long will ghost shrimp live? and also should i supplement their diet with more than the sinking pellets? or will that be enough?...im planing to get these shrimp within the week, if i can find them at least, they were out at petco
Try using a turkey baster! Suck up a lil water and a lil food and dispurse in front of frog. Mine will actually let me hand feed now!