ADF

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
hi just got one of the African dwarf frogs, thay are cooool makes an interesting addition to my aquaraain, he does some very amusing things like back flips and funny head stands the other nite i found him inbetween the tank wall and the airline. i thought he ma be stuck so i gave the air line a nudge he wasen he was just resting. what a weird creature.

Apr 10, 2005
Vancouver Island BC Canada
What and how do you guys feed yours?

One of my ADFS have died, and the other I'm having a hard time ensuring that he is eating..... I'm trying to use a turkey baster to deposit in those brine shrimp cubes (which just fall apart and make a huge mess)... but I don't know... :) help! Its a 20 gallon long, and the filter just spins the food around everywhere

Sarah

quietwhun

Small Fish
Jul 14, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
SarahCdnNanny said:
One of my ADFS have died, and the other I'm having a hard time ensuring that he is eating..... I'm trying to use a turkey baster to deposit in those brine shrimp cubes (which just fall apart and make a huge mess)... but I don't know... :) help! Its a 20 gallon long, and the filter just spins the food around everywhere

Sarah
Hey sarah, this is what my girlfriend does. She has a long tank as well. She keeps 4 ADF's and to make sure they are eating she puts in a divider and keeps them on one side during feeding (away from the filter) after all food is gone she removes the divider so they can enjoy their daily swim around the tank. Hope that helps..

Apr 10, 2005
Vancouver Island BC Canada
Thank you for your reply :)

Unfortunately, my other ADF also died yesturday. As well as both my snails.....

What had your gf been feeding her frogs?

Sarah

PS. The snails are alive! I put them in a glass bowl (so as not to pollute the tank), and they are moving a bit!! And here I thought they were dead :)

So now I have....

20 gallon long - pl*co, 6 feeders, and an oranda
10 gallon planted, with nothing in it
glass bowl with 2 apple snails.

Last edited: