Adding new goldfish...any imput?

May 25, 2005
Thanks for yalls imput on the bubbles. I finally figured out the noise is just bubbles in my filter, and not her at all. :) To answer questions about the tank, no she's not in a bowl, she's in a 5 1/2 gallon, because she's quite small, but if she grows I'll get a new tank.

I'm off the the city to pick out a playmate for her. I'm going to get another fantail. Is there a particular way I should go about putting the second one in the tank? Madeleine is doing great, very healthy, and it's been about 3 weeks, so I'm not worried aobut her, but I don't want the new one to give her a disease or anything.

Suggestions? Should I moniter them to make sure they get along?

I want happy goldfish! :)

Thanks yall!

You are supposed to shoot for 10g per goldfish, though I assume thats for adult sized (~6-7" for non-stunted fantails I reckon.) and 30g+ tanks. I'm breaking it right now, but they are pretty small ($1 tiny ones I'm growing up) and moving to the 29g (or pond type thing I've been thinking of setting up) once I get the 55g for my 29g fish. Nuther note, you get what you pay for in terms of size. Supposedly its cheaper to buy a nice $6 large one than grow up a baby. I'm not exactly sure, but seems right going just by water, food, time, and chemical costs.

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
At my school, they have a pritty big tank with goldfish in it but no ornaments or stuff to make it look attractive, just stones. they dont clean it properly so it has dirty gravel (and i mean black filthy gravel), algae, no light or hood just peices of wood on the top and worse of all, all there is an air pump for movment in the water, it has no filter!!!! i cant beleive these fish have bin around for 6 years with and had 2 babies! i have offered to clean the tank and help keep it in order but they just wont have any of it!!!! and its in a science lab, so just think how polluted the water must be with all the fumes from expermients going into the water!!
infact, i think ill ask the head of science tomorrow for a deffinate answer !! id even buy the filter for them !!!! lol