A few photos

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
While playing with the new camera, I got a few pics...

A new toy:

Major prune, plants ready to go:

After the planting:

My favorite little guy (Apistogramma cacatuoides 'Triple Orange'):

Last edited:

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
About time! :D Some nice photo's!

WTF...Is that an amp with tubes?????? AWESOME.

lmao, and come on. Lower the file size ;) These took just a min to load on even my connection . haha
Yeah, it's a headphone amplifier. It also has outputs and can serve as a preamp. I had it in my main system and was sounding pretty dang good until the downstairs neighbors started beating on the walls. :( That warm, natural, tubey sound is nice. :)

File size? Yeah, well, it was part of a compression experiment I didn't quite finish cause it was getting late I was tired. ;)

Pure said:
That was one heck of a trim job. What did you do with all the plants?
All the plants on the towel went back into the tank. Every so often, I have to rip them out because the bottoms get ratty from being topped so much. Besides I needed to do some rearranging. I threw away about 60% of total plant biomass.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
FWIW-I use the batch process in DPP to make EXIF TIFF's of the photo's I like (I chose the EXIF just to keep all the shooting info) and save all my edits as TIFF's as well. This can be a pain if your running lean on hard drive space as TIFF's can get kinda big. For the ones I want to post on the web, I use the batch process again, and save them as JPEG, with the quality around 6 and resize them to 800x533 px. This typically gives me a file size from 70k to 150k, but still retain OK photo quality for web posting. After seeing yours though, I guess I should try to up the quality a tad lol.

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
I threw away about 60% of total plant biomass.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you were going to throw it all out I would have sent you some money an had you sen me some! lol I didn't know you were tossing so much :p. Well maybe I will next time. I want to see how some of those beautiful plants of yorus fare in my tank :)

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Dude, that's cool.

Here's a nifty thing about the camera, you can set it up on the computer for time lapse. Program now often you want to take the photo, and just let it do the rest of the work. How cool would that be, take a photo every 12 hours for a week then mash it up into a flash presentation.