A few new Pics

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Bright LEDs were off when the wife took the pics :(

First up a nice Chalice has grown a lot since we brought it home.

Next up a Garf Bonsi Frag not much upward growth right now but its encrusting good and looks nice, very bright.

Last up, a Tryee Green Polyp Toadstool

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I was kinda upset when I got the Bonsi frag. I bought it sight unseen and when I first saw it in the bag I thought he gave me a encrusting Montipora :) After I found out it was a Garf Bonsi, I was still upset that it didn't have a stick to it and kinda still feel that way, but it sure is pretty, the seller also sold me another sps frag, forgot the name OH Palmers Blue Millie it also looks like a encrusting Montipora. I won't be buying from him again unless I see the coral first. LOL my wife would have my head if I ever fraged that Toadstool. I have two friends that I want to give a frag of the Chalice to, just can't bring myself to frag it, so I keep putting off buying a Dramel saw :)

Last edited:

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
When fragging the toad stool you only need a little sliver of it. Doing it this way the frag will look normal in a few weeks. Mine was purpose bought with the intent to frag a lot from it. It will eventually look normal once I stop stealing from it. Its starting to get get to the point now where it throws off it own frags every couple months or so. I just got one three days ago that I didn't have to frag, she did it for me. I have a huge chunk of chalice skeleton that I want to put an encrusting sps (maybe monte cap??) onto it and let it grow over it. Its about volley ball size.