75 gallon Cichlid tank!

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
I just got this up and running and it's been about 4 weeks now. I didn't do a lot of research before hand when it can to cycling so I'm unfortunately cycling it with the fish in but I'm making it as comfortable for them as I possibly can with the knowledge some of you wonderful people have given me!

I have
About 10 zebra cichlids
3 peacocks cichlids
5 electric yellow labidocromus(spelling?]
3 string is catfish
2 bumblebee catfish (survivors from a friends oscar tank)
2 mystery snails and 2 assassin snails
8 giant danios
1 Angel that the fish store wanted gone because his top fin was ripped up and I'm just trying to get him healed and switched to my roommates 65 gallon
2 unknown Africans

Please tell me what you think!

Attachments

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Absolutely love the setup!

That's a LOT going on there. A tank full of African cichlids can be a joy, or can be nothing but chaos and carnage. Main thing is establishing if your tank produces nothing but nitrates or not and having a quality dechlorinator on hand that can (temporarily) detoxify ammonia. Most of us use Seachem Prime or Safe. Safe is a more economical powder form.

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
Thank you! I appreciate you helping me through this lol I'm hoping it'll be joy I hope I was correct in reading that overstocking was better than understocking. I added them all at once because I heard that was better so they all establish their pecking order from the beginning because adding them at separate times can cause the newbies to get picked off. If you have anymore pointers with how to keep this tank on a succeeding path I'm absolutely all for it lol

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Nice setup! Do the fish use the cichlid holey rocks?

Keep a really close eye on the angel - they can't stick up for themselves with their more boisterous african cichlid cousins. You may need to separate him out if they go after him.

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
They actually love the holey rocks lol they also love the little anubius tunnel thing and the tree stump in the middle. As for the Angel they haven't started yet but he is going to the lfs in the next few days. I know he can't be in there but a neighbor of mine moved a few weeks ago and said if he didn't find him a home he would be flushed and I couldn't leave him to that fate. When I got him from my neighbor his top fin was completely gone but over the last few weeks it is almost grown back so he definitely has some spirit lol