5.5 gal nano, been up for awhile but encountering to many problems

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok well its been up since december and I've failed to keep a peppermint shrimp for more then 2 months it died and i never found its body. is that wierd? secondly I'm startin gto get buble algea, hwo do i solve that, secondly stupid flatworms are everwhere how do i get rid of them and ya i think thats it right now...help!!1please

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
im not surprised you didnt find its body...those things break down very quickly in marine tanks

i hate to say it, but i really think you need to get a bigger tank...there is so little room for error in such a tiny tank and no way to really introduce animals to combat things like bubble algae, flatworms, etc, etc

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i don't know how to treat your flatworms other than with an arrow crab or wrasse...and bubble algae is best removed by an emerald crab...but your tank is too small for any of those. have you talked to a LFS and see if they have any thoughts? honestly, im stumped

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Lets see...how do you aclimate the peppermint shrimp? if not for a few hours thats probably the reason. It could also be related to high nitrates. Are you using R.O. Water? If your not nitrates and phosphates will register high, which brings on the next problem, bubble algae. This is triggered by high phosphates and can be removed manually or with the help of a emerald crab. And what Camaro said...arrow crab for the worms.