3 female betta & Cockatoo Apisto?

Can this work? I have a 20 gallon with 3 female betta and I want to add a Cockatoo Apisto. I hear they are generally pretty peaceful, but I don't want to chance it attacking my bettas. Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Based on what I've experienced with my lady bettas, I'd worry more about the new addition to the tank.

You can do a decor re-arrange before hand to help, or pull the bettas, do a major overhaul and put everyone back in at once.

I am getting one of those plastic smooth bark tree stump ornament things any day now. I can put that in there and rearrange my driftwood so that it's on the opposite end of where it is now, and put the smooth bark tree stump ornament where it was. will that be enough of a change?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I have a double red apisto in my 55 with 2 females. they don't seem to bother any of my fish. in fact the females seem to be more aggressive. I have no experience with female bettas though. I'd just make sure there are plenty of plants real or fake, and little hiding places for the apisto.