28gal bowfront FOWLR, soon to be reef

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I picked up this tank a couple of months ago off Craigslist for $50. It came complete with live sand (about 30-35lbs), live rock (about 20lbs), all equipment (plus a ton of extras) and livestock (most of which was totally unsuited to the tank). The livestock that came with the tank were a dogface puffer, a blue tang, a three-stripe damsel and an occellaris clown. All the stock is rehomed now, except the clown, who is staying. I also picked up two red-leg hermit crabs and a black margarita snail, but my puffer munched on the snail.

Anyway, on Friday I'm picking up one, maybe two, green star polyp frags from a guy in my area. Very excited about that! I'm also hoping to pick up some more snails and hermits when I go to the LFS tomorrow. Oh, and I'm going to be picking up two mollies (hoping to get red dalmatian sailfin mollies, but I'll take what I can get) and acclimate them to full SW.

FTS:

Don't mind the algae. I need to take my MagFloat to the tank in a bad way.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
The algae REALLY isn't as bad as it looks. It's a crappy shot of the tank, but the best I could get (my son's room, where the tank is, is a bit of a mess and I couldn't a good angle to take a decent pic). I have since scraped at least the diatoms off the front with the MagFloat. I have two male silver mollies that I am going to acclimate to saltwater to put into this tank and will be getting some snails soon (hopefully Friday) to help with algae control as well.