20 gallon high

Apr 14, 2008
I needed to start a thread for this...sooo...

There's ~20-25LBS. live rock, 10LBS. live sand[well aragonite turned live], an ocellaris clownfish, & a firefish. Besides that, there are some snails[astrea, nassarius, & dwarf ceriths] & corals:

Softies: Zoanthids/Palys[I'm not sure of any but the green implosion mixed in with the blues], mushrooms - blue dot, red, green stripe, & purple, green star polyps[which can use being fragged], & Pom Pom Xenia
SPS: Montipora Undata 'Grape'

Oh, BTW, this is what I'm calling a mixed reef...there's several sp. of algae that I like...red/green bubble algae, soft pink & green/hard green hair algae, calupera prolifica, & cheatomorpha. If nothing else, they are great nutrient sponges.

Thoughts? I think it'll grow in nicely over time. I'm definitely hoping to add in some more corals/macros over time but for now... :p

Apr 14, 2008
Thanks you two! :D I've tried to make this is a good environment for both my clown and firefish and sessile inverts.

I need to get it a background and my plan was to get some more corals over time...but for now... :p

Apr 14, 2008
Yep! That's my Montipora Undata 'Grape'. :D It's my first SPS coral but it's still pretty new so we'll see how it does overall in this setup.

That long tentacle plate coral is AWESOME! I kinda wanted a plate coral at some point but it'd be after I got a 75 or something bigger. There's only so much this little tank can hold... :p Actually, I had a chance to get a plate for $20 from Petco once but I passed cuz I wasn't sure if I could keep it alive...good idea since the GSP colonies take up massive portions of my LR...

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
That plate coral is in my 40G, my favorite SW tank is my 10G. I am working on a 75G deal right now. I hope it comes through. I would like to make it my next SW tank or split up my 150G JD tank and put some of the JD's in this new 75G deal I am working on and give away the extras before they get to big for the 75G. There is no way a 75G can do 6 JD's as its quit a load on my 150G.
Those zoa's you have are great, I have a tiny little bunch of them here.
2011-12-23_17-00-15_656.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
Mine are actually a little different from those:

I like them a lot but yours are EPIC! :D I guess I just like those general colors in zoas/palys...

I hope your 75 deal pulls through! I personally am not really looking for a bigger tank right now because I'd have to get lights for it and live rock and ... it adds up. lol JDs are pretty fish, BTW. I was tempted to get one for my 55gal before I re-went the community route...

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Thank you, I think they are called dragon eyes??? I really like any kind of zoa, mushroom, and polyp. I am also very fond of the toadstool corals as well. I have made a few frags off of this one. These are kind of like a polyp I guess?? The second pic has a little star fish stealing food from it. This is in my 10G, its about the diameter of a baseball and the smaller one is about the diameter of a silver dollar coin. One of these days I will get some star polyps like yours, I think yours look great!!!
2011-11-21_21-06-39_471.jpg
2011-12-24_14-28-45_315.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
Those toadstools are nice! I have the same likes of corals...I love how the mushrooms ball up when they feed and all the different colorations/variations of zoas...they are just fascinating creatures!

On the topic of the GSP, if you wanted, I could send that piece of it that's climbing up my tank's glass a little after the holidays?

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, I've shipped out FW plants[TONS!!!] and SW dwarf cerith snails/macroalgaes before and I've also gotten corals thru the mail before so I know how to package them and such. :p I'm pretty sure they won't be hard to send because they're a very hardy coral species. Just beware they will LOVE your tank[and probably in the "we're gonna take over this too", kind of way]. lol Pulsating xenia/toadstools would be awesome! I think the animals in my box to you would be ~10 dwarf ceriths[I have sooooooo many! They breed and if you already have some, they could add in genetics? :p ] and the 6"[or something close, maybe a little less] GSP frag/he GSP on the little frag plug which if that sounds ok to you would be a good trade?

I'm in Arcadia, Florida, BTW...

Apr 14, 2008
Well, USPS priority is definitely the way to go. It's $10 for a medium flat rate box and it gets to it's destination within 3 days[IE, send it out, wait a day and you usually get it the next day].

And thanks Thyra! I have tons of styrofoam from previous shipments[bettas/corals are my usual thing :p ] so I figured that I'll use that to line the box.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Hello,
I have just fragged two toadstools and am including the pics. I broke a real nice piece of rock in two. It should be able to be wedged or epoxied real easy. I will do the Xenia later as they grow SO FAST. I have a pic of the Xenia I plan to frag as well, if you look at the part that goes to the left there is a fork, the one that goes up at the fork will be the one I cut to frag for you. I figure I should be able to ship in about 2-3 weeks or so. I will keep you up dated with pic as I want you to be updated as well. Also I will have to ship when the weather will not be to cold between me and you. I am in no hurry so we can work out the where and the when after the frags are ready and healthy enough to go. Maybe I can even get one of those dragon eye zoa's fragged for you two??
2011-12-26_20-07-12_955.jpg 2011-12-26_20-07-24_792.jpg 2011-12-26_20-07-43_392.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
Sweet! Those are awesome looking! :D I'm happy you're not in any big hurry to be honest cuz that's much better for the corals because it'd suck to get them only for them to be dead.

Likewise, I took some pics of the GSPs and palys/zoas I'll try to frag for you[hopefully they'll grow fast enough :p ], but I have to re-charge my batteries before I can show the pics[definitely tomorrow if not later tonight].

Anyways, if you could get me a frag of that dragon eye zoa, that'd be awesome, but no worries if you can't. I understand corals don't always grow fast enough to propagate and some grow faster then you CAN propagate. lol They're such unpredictable little creatures but then again that is what makes them so cool.

Oh, 1 more thing...

I have 3 little fragments of the grape montipora from what broke off in shipping...would you want those too? They're just kinda randomly sitting on one of the LR pieces and if you don't have any you could atleast start with those. They show their little polyps so they are definitely alive. :p