2 Gallon hex tank

NTidd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kalamazoo, MI
Is there any type of saltwater fish that would be happy to live in a 2 gallon hex tank? Just looking for something that will stay small, I don't want anything to large as the fish would be unhappy and cramped. Just something little and colorful. Thanks.

Dec 20, 2002
Clearwater, Florida
If you live near the ocean, you could look about some rocky areas. I remember once, I found two ghost shrimp sized bright red shrimp in a little pool next to a large rock. Also, Ive found baby puffer fish ranging from a little under the size of a dime to quarter size in and near floating dead sea grass and other debres near boat docks. It would need to be let go if it starts to get big, but easy enough to replace, and they are pretty.
Im not sure what would stay small, but even taking some of the floating stuff that appears to be alive still and planting it in the tank, and running a net through some grass beds would get you something cool looking that could be kept for a time. Free to :) Dont take any rocks however, unless it is legal in your area. I know its illegal in Florida, but I dont know if its everywhere.
If you dont live by the ocean, I dont know anything much about salt water fish, but Id guess shrimp with a bit of live rock.

toodles

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
USA
Visit site
Hey there~

For a 2g hex, aside from a nice bit of rock, maybe some nice button polyps (they stay small and come in a variety of colors too), maybe a couple of featherdusters, what about some candy cane coral?
I would stay away from xenia only because of how big they can get and how quickly they can spread. Same with most mushrooms too. The only fish I can think of that might do alright would be some dwarf seahorses, but they can be very tricky to keep and I don't know if you want to go that route. If you are interested, then check out their requirements here.......www.seahorse.org
Instead of fish, you could always go with some shrimp or crabs....

HTH:)