2.5 Gallon Pico Reef

Mar 31, 2006
Minnesota
I started a 2.5 gallon saltwater tank awhile ago, and it was a really enjoyable tank. I had the tank running for around 5 months but recently I transferred the Snails, Crabs, and Live Rock to my 55g FOWLR tank and sold the coral.I will post the tanks specifications and post some pictures of the tank.

Equipment

2.5 gallon All-Glass tank(12"Lx6"Wx8"H)
18watt Power Compact light fixture
Aquaclear 30
Rio-50
All-Glass 50watt heater
Coralife digital thermometer
Small Mag-Float

Livestock

1 Strawberry crab
2 Margarita snail
1 Hermit

Corals

4 Button polyps
1 Blue spotted Mushroom

Now time for the best part the pictures.

Different live rock arrangement

Tank Inhabitants

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Nice tank Perfectblue. I like the pics too...especially the snail and the red strawberry crab---kinda reminds me of Elmo with all that 'fur' on it. Lol.

Big Vine

Perfectblue

Medium Fish
Mar 31, 2006
Minnesota
Mushroomman said:
Thats nice looking... how much of a hassel is topping it off and temp, salinity swings?
As you can see in the first pic the airline tubing which is connected to a diy ATO which pretty much keeps the evaporation and salinity in check. The temperature actually stays constant at around 78-80F. :)

Perfectblue

Medium Fish
Mar 31, 2006
Minnesota
JimMelAddie said:
Would you mind telling how you did the DIY ATO? I'm making plans for a nano or a pico & think that might be a good idea.
Well I don't have any pictures of my ATO, but basically it is the same as this diy ATO, except I didn't have a air-inlet tube, so I just tied a knot in the tubing where it dripped every couple few seconds.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65554&hl=sun+tea