19Litre tank, any fish combinations for me?

Apr 1, 2013
Hi, I have a 19L coldwater tank with a live weed image.jpg which currently has a Platy and a golden minnow in it(the other platy and 2 other minnows died :( last one about two months ago) and I was wanting to get a new fish for my tank, and I was considering getting a Hong Kong pleco from my local pets at home branch, would this be a good combination for my tank? I have heard that plecos don't get along with other fish, which made me concerned about wether or not I should get one, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Plecos and Platys are not cold water fish. I do not know what a golden minnow is, but it might not be a cold water fish either. Any pleco needs a larger tank. A 19L tank only has room for probably 3 smaller fish - and unless you fill it, it looks like you only have about 15L of water in there, which is even less room. You really need a heater if you want to keep tropical fish. Your other option would be one beautiful beta.

Feb 27, 2009
Gastromyzon borneensis, commonly called the 'Hong Kong Pleco' isn't a pleco at all, but is a loach. It is suitable for a cold-water tank, and even though they stay under 3" normally, I still wouldn't recommend one for such a small tank. Most of the recommendations I see online is 20 gallons or about 80 litres.

Jan 2, 2016
Coldwater fishes like goldfish, koi, and other members of the carp family are able to survive in cold water temperatures. You can also add zebra danios in it. I have 10 gold fish and 2 zebra danios and they are the best combination I have seen yet. I have also read about it in the website.