Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it alright

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • needs some work

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
i readjusted the plants this morning to show more depth and transfered some out of the 55g in there. i still have a bit more to do tonight to both tanks, some trimming and transfering and then ill get new pics up. what ive done so far shows decent depth to it. im trying to place plants in better spots. new pics to come soon

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
i want new opinions. what do you think?

the asian marshweed on the left i trimmed to to kind of level itself out, when the back fills in im going to keep it trimmed from high close to glass and back to lowering as getting close to front and center. the rotala i trimmed down a little bit and spread out so maybe i can get it to take traction and start forming beautiful red colored leaves. when filled in i will also trim as a layered effect. the anacharis i will also keep trimmed but also let it fill in as a nice background plant. the hygrophilia will take amazing shapes on its own. the hornwart in the back right corner should fill in nicely. i also place a ball of java moss on the back side of the driftwood. i filled the vals thickly from the back leftside of the driftwood to the right and will eventually trim that high at back to low getting closer to the center, i left a little vals on the right side of the driftwood to fill in nice. i placed smaller sag subulata in front of driftwood and right of aponthogen and i put a couple bunches to the left back of the aponthogen. obviously by now you realize i added the aponthogen in the center. i will also get some micro sword soon and see if i can form a carpet. i had bad luck the first time but i think the loaches played a role in that.

ok i know these are cloudy but i wanted to show the progress and this was done after i got done redoing most of everything. i switched around some plants, added some more, took out 1, and added more shrimp, and 4 neon tetras (soon to total 8) and 3 more otos (total to 4).

plants include: anacharis, asian marshweed, rotala, hygrophilia, sag subulata, vals, hornwart, java moss, and a aponthogen

fish/inverts include: total now of 40+ shrimp 1/3 which are adults and 3 or 4 females bearing large clutches, 1 oto, 3 spixi snails, 1 hitch hiker snail thats got decent size to him, and 4 neon tetras. im floating anacharis and stems and leaves of hygrophilia to keep away the ammonia spikes with adding all those in a fairly quick time and to collect some of the debris that has been floating around which its been doing very well for the 2 hrs that it has been in there.

i will get clearer pics up when it clears up

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
ok so finally here they are. sorry it took so long.

below are pics after changing 1st time and pics of some very happy shrimp and then there are going to be pics after changing a few things and trimming. ENJOY

these are pics of after changing some things around the 1st time

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
ok now these 2 show ive rearranged some plants and added java moss and my amazon sword from my 55g. tank is clear tonight but i need to replant a couple asian marshweed plants that came up so i may cloud the water up but if not i will get a pic of super clear. sorry its cloudy but you can still get an idea and see good

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
thank you both very much

thats what i was going for adding the moss on there. i was really trying to go for the really natural look on there. plus i wanted some for my shrimp as they love the moss. last goal to do with the tank is pick up some micro sword for a carpet and let the plants grow in and keep trimmed