150G build

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Here is some pics of the first inhabitants of the 150G build, three common damsel fish. We have the dry rock in the tanks and some live rock as well. There is about 93 pounds of rock so far.
We have also got the algae scrubber built as well so we hope this will intercept the cycle nutrient spike like it did on my 40G build.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Its pretty empty right now!!! LOL.
I want to have some larger fish in it and coral of course. The big space on the left is where the clam will go!! I am thinking one of the blue colored ones that only get about a foot in size. I think I want to kind of section this tank into three areas on the rock work for different types of coral. One section for SPS, one for larger softies, and one for smaller softies like mushrooms and zoa type stuff. Then I want the (fourth area) bed for the hard corals like the brain type stuff. This is just a general direction I would like to go. Its not set in stone but just a guild line I guess.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Went and saw a friends tank the other day, he was going to give me a couple of zoa frags, thats where I saw his Green polyp Toadstool, the first one I have ever seen that wasn't in a pic and decided to try and get me one. Anyway, he had one of those Blue Clams in his tank, never had seen one of these either with my own eyes, man was that thing pretty. Might have to see about getting one of those also at some point when my tank has a bit more age to it. Read the link you gave me on the algae scrubber you sent me, the one in the plastic container, that may be the way I need to go. Have a few more questions for you but will ask later, not feeling to good this evening.

Last edited: