Oct 22, 2002
;D i m goin to get some new fish in my 15gallon now tank too. n my choice is---
3 tiger barbs
3 green tiger barbs
3 rube tiger barbs
2 cherry barbs
and a snail or a siamese algae eater
should i get a snail or a siamese ae?
n also, i had 2 older bigger tiger barbs will they bully the little ones??? ::)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I am being nice here...... ;)

Didn't you just kill your fish in this tank?

That is a lot of fish for a little 15 gallon tank.

The ruby barbs??? get 2.5 inches, but need some space. So do the tigers.

Now cherry barbs?..now you are talking buddy. These little guys I would recommend for the 15. BUT!

Lets take it easy at first. You need to cycle this tank.

Lets have you choose
Fishless or with fish.

I recommend 2 cherry barbs ...that is it until you cycle, if you can't wait.

Buy some java moss, fern , and ambulia with the fish. It will do your tank good.

Take ammonia tests daily, and start testing for nitItes in a week. Try to seed the tank with some used media or decor from a established tank.

Feed only a couple flakes, and only give one at a time. My flakes NEVER hit the gravel.

The older ones will show they are the dominant. I wouldn't add them. Where are these Barbs?

HTH 8)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Okay in your old tank you had a CGAE, 3 tiger barbs, 2 green tiger barbs, 2 platys, 3 blind cave tetras. That was way to much for that tank. As you know. I would suggest just taking the barbs out and putting them into you new tank. (after it's cycled) And maybe add some cories too. Then your tank should be will stocked and not overly done. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
:'( umm... new i have 3 tiger barbs ( total includig the older bigger ones) 3 green tiger barbs, 2 albino tiger barbs. is it still too much for a 15 gallon tank??
i still wanna add in 2 cherry barbs
n one algae eater  ::) ( yeayea greedy little kid)
and since my green tiger barbs r too tiny ( they r only babe fish ;D ) so i brought a breeder net for them

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
The 3 tiger barbs, green tigers, & albinos arn't to much but I wouldn't add any more to it. That's a lot of fish for a 15 gallon. Besides you never want to overstock but it looks better if you under stock. I would go with an otto for an algea eater. They are small and great. If I were you I wouldn't add any more fish. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
This is so confusing! In on post she said it wasn't so I KNOW the new tank isn't cycled. What confuses me the most is what all fish she has in here. First I read about all the green tiger barbs and stuff she had then I read she transfered them and then I read that they died so she got new ones! Help. :-/

So tinylittledice if you could say how many and what kinda fish you have at the current moment that would help me out greatly. Thanks. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
cowboydude i m very sorry... :'( :'( :'(
o wellz, now! i have 3 albino barbs, 3 tiger barbs, 3 (tiny!) green tiger barbs, a otto and a tiny feeder in my 15 gallon tank... yeayea... there will be not enough room... so now i m saving $$  then i will have enough $$ when they r all in "full size" then i can get a 55 gallon tank. (that will be $159)

wow, my biggies didn't nip the small green barbs!
;D

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
159 bucks for a 55 gallon is too expensive.  I have been shopping around the Southern California area and have found some good deals.  30 bucks for a 60 gallon tank only if you buy 50 dollars worth of stuff in their store (so why not buy a glass fixture and light fixture for 40 dollars total).  Or the best thing to do is buy an aquarium from someone moving or who need money.  It's a lot cheaper.  Hey tiny, check out this ad in southern california area for aquariums, there are a lot of deals out there.  Was planning to buy a 180 gallon with canopy and stand for only 200 bucks but will wait for now until I find maybe something even larger.  Look under fish and aquarium, lots of good deal:
http://my.recycler.com/asp/Class.asp?iC=1000

Oct 22, 2002
its 159 for a tank wiz "top cover", light, fitler
and a sample flake food also somekinda tap water clear!

ohohoh! thz for that web site! i will go check it out!!!]

ar.. my tank has been cycling for more than 1 wk already

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=dattack link=board=beginner&num=994013044&start=0#11 date=07/02/01 at 18:07:17]
159 bucks for a 55 gallon is too expensive.  I have been shopping around the Southern California area and have found some good deals.  30 bucks for a 60 gallon tank only if you buy 50 dollars worth of stuff in their store (so why not buy a glass fixture and light fixture for 40 dollars total).  Or the best thing to do is buy an aquarium from someone moving or who need money.  It's a lot cheaper.  Hey tiny, check out this ad in southern california area for aquariums, there are a lot of deals out there.  Was planning to buy a 180 gallon with canopy and stand for only 200 bucks but will wait for now until I find maybe something even larger.  Look under fish and aquarium, lots of good deal:
http://my.recycler.com/asp/Class.asp?iC=1000
[/quote]

I searched for "aquarium" and this is what i got:

I am selling a 25 gallon fish aquarium with 50 cichlid fish,pebbles,heater,air pump,castle,corner filters,and a stand. Must see.

:-/

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
LOL, that's the only posting?  Must be your area.  In Orange County, there must have been like 50 aquariums in that past 5-7 days.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=ownedbykitten link=board=beginner&num=994013044&start=0#13 date=07/02/01 at 18:28:24]

I searched for "aquarium" and this is what i got:

I am selling a 25 gallon fish aquarium with 50 cichlid fish,pebbles,heater,air pump,castle,corner filters,and a stand. Must see.[/quote]WOW! That sounds great! Hehe. ;D

Tinylittledice I agree though that the best way to get a cheap one is get one from someone who's moving. I once got a 10 gallon out of the paper with filter lights and hood for only $5! That was really good. I also found a 20 with all that and stand for only $30. That's good too. So look around. That 55 would be much better for the fish you have (which I am now sure of ;D) if you just hadn't broken your 10 gallon you would be fine! :D j/k But really you'll love the 55 gallon more. ;D