12g

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
aw that sucks alot fuzz
I was at my lfs today, and the guy who works there said that a coral in the tank was a "sabae anemone" but it looked more like a ric or hairy mushroom...the coral was WHITE so im assuming its bleached...i didnt get it, but im considering it. how would i know if its a sebae?? (sorry for hijack, but you seem to know a fair amount about corals...)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
i think sebaes are white with purplem pink, red, or green tips. i hardly know anything about corals cept about mine lol.
ill tell you what i do know though. sebaes are one of the harder corals to keep and they dont tend to live very long in captivity. they require high light, higher than most anenomes.they get really big...ive heard on of about 2' across fully extended...not even full grown just after a few years. the healthiest ones have long tentacle and the sickly ones have shorter ones.
i want to say something else about how if their brown it means their healthier, but im not 100% sure. someone else will hopefully comment on what i said and say truth from my stupidness.

and if it looks like a ric or hairy mushroom it might have been a bubble tip, or another type of anenome. if it was in fact a sebae then it might just be really unhealthy and all scrunched up.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
mk as promise i have pics! but their from last night so not a whole lot was opened up. ill get some more tonight, ill be gone before the lights turn on :( gonna see transformers! yay!

some old stuff:

it looks like its not doing to good right now...any ideas?

algae! its sooo cute!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
these are a bright neon pink :)

this is the pink polyp colony i was originally going for...then i ended up with all the rest. lol

neon green and more neon pink/orangey

ric-counted 5 heads so far for 15$ :)

forget the colors of these....

my yellow ones, their so pretty :)

my starfish throwing his arms up in the air. lol...there are so many in my tank! theres him then little white ones. yay for hitchhikers!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
did it look unclean before? lols...i think it was cause my algae break out maybe? hmm

thank you very much! i haver a bunch of thanks to go to my fav lfs guy who gave me a great deal on these! 50cents a polyp :) but then again, he just started saying random numbers that were small after awhile and throwing in some stuff saying, o here youll like this! lol
will have some pics with them opened up soon

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
ok...so i take too many pictures maybe but o well..

fragged my yellow polyps awhile back, their growing back nicely, too. hmm...having a bit of a problem with my ric that is bleached. hoping i wont loose it. think i lost one of the anenomes to being bleached...but kinda hoping it will come back so its in the dark right now and its moved where i cant see it. maybe itll be ok...
half my pink zoos colony died back..dont know why...hoping it was just stress from the move.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
thought i might do an update without pictures

my clam fell into a crevice when i was out of town from the rock he was on, and he was getting now light from being stuck upside down. he died :(

my clown still isnt growing

my yellow zoos are taking off really well and i plan on fragging a bunch of things soon for my dads 58g (yes it is his and i need to update with pics!) and for a frag party

just wondering, how bad of a cycle do you think i will have if i replace the crushed coral with LS?

still debating whether or not to keep this tank running though :(