10g Walmart stand???

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Does anybody have a 10 gallon tank stand from Walmart? I was thinking about going and picking one up tonight so I can start setting up my tank tomorrow, but I want to know if they are decent or not.

TMony

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2008
As long as it looks nice enough for your decor and holds about a hundred pounds you will be fine.

(10 gallons of water weights a little over 83 pounds + tank, gravel and decorations will be somewhere around 100 pounds)

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
i bought a walmart stand for a 20 gal tank that can also be used for a 10 gal and supprisingly it's quite tough.
i even braced the the lower shelf with blocks, sat a piece of board on top of the shelf and now have a 20 gal on top of stand and 10 gal on bottom. i know it sounds backwards but works really nice.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I asked this same question two years ago about the 29g stand they sell and all the feedback I received was positive. Just be sure not to get the stand wet (i.e., don't give water a chance to soak into the particle board).

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
Whiskers, is that your tank in your avatar?
That tank belongs to a friend of mine. 374 gal acrylic. he got rid of thoes fish and now is trying to breed fresh water rays.

As far as the tank stand from walmart goes, mine is made of metal too. the lower shelf i spoke of is like a wire grill that connects to each leg. don't remember what i paid for it but for once i got something from walmart that i was totally satsfied with.*thumbsups