and small fluval1 filter
tank shot

some of the LR

a bit of coral

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Looks nice, but i think you need a few more fish. But since its a small 10g and its saltwater arent you not supposed to have many fish in it? I think ive read that somewere so just thought i ask to clarify it.

- depthC

kato

New Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
rite now for the lights i got some cabinet lights i have no idea if they are any good but they be bright. i think i posted somewhere else the specifics on them...i will try and find it if i dont i will post it again

k, these are the specs on the lights

i have a cabinet light an imput voltage of 120v and power of 18w current of 0.29a and input frequency of 50/60Hz could some1 plz tell me if this light is any good.

ps i have 2 of them

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The main thing to look at is wattage, and 'colour' or spectrum, which you don't mention. You have a pretty normal NO (normal output) fluorescent, and if you don't mention a special spectrum I'd assume it's somewhere between 4000 and 6500K.
By saltwater standards this isn't terribly bright, but there are plenty of things that will grow in this strengh, contrary to what people tell you, however I would very carefully research any corals you may want - it's got nowhere near the 'punch' you need for many of these. I would also suggest swapping out at least one of the tubes for one that is definitely 6500K or 10000K, which is a bit more 'bluey' white. The lights you have at the moment are better for freshwater plants but you may find they are good for algae growth.

Sep 12, 2003
Springfield, MO
I had a 10g tank running for about 3 years and i used 2 under cabinet lights from Wal-Mart and Replaced them with coralife bulbs I think i used one 10000k and one 50/50 bulb. That gave me 30 watts of light and 3 watts per gallon not figuring on displacement of water due to live rock. I had a pink tipped anenome added after the first 6 months and it lived until I took the tank down.