10 gallon tank, light plants, ideas

buddha_Red

Small Fish
Dec 3, 2004
pasadena, Texas
Visit site
Hi,

sadly i had two black moor's 1 LR , 1 MD and a fantail goldfish and a calico fantail (way too many fish for 10g tank i know) but during a total water change something happened and they all died.

I am thinking about going with plants like java moss ,AMAZON SWORD and maybe a few different plants and getting them strong before i dump in more fish.
Im not sure how long that would take but i know 3 days is bare mionimum for a new tank.

i have more fake plants than real at the moment but im going to change that over tiime and convert to live plants only.

the "grass" and trees are fake naturally, ive already ordered few plants to replac them. planning to root my java moss to a piece of drift wood or a rock. Ive heard how troublesome java moss can be.

I want to go with neon tetras and maybe one other varity of tetra's. but i cannot figure out what alge eaters i should use as starter fish.

I want to do this right, so right now i have my power filter running, turned off my air stone and have let the tank sit (12 hour light cycle) for two days so far.

I want to cycle the tank right, and if that means weeks so be it,

I have jungle fizz c02 factory on the way (snail mail) so i can support my plants correctly.

I am thinking about getting neon tetras but i cannot figure out what alge eaters if should use as starter fish.

what is a good match for lets say 6-10 neon tetras? i know i neeed an alge eater, but i do not want anything aggressive , it hurt when my fishes died and i want to educate myself before i try again.

I have one empty 10G tank and the one im talking about. It was just too god a deal so i decided to stick with small community fish.

Thank you so much for your valuable time and information. This is a wonderful time.

Suggestions?
http://www.the-red-team.org/fish 002.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: