$1/gal sale at Petco

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
12/26/13 thru 01/25/14 for those who may not have seen it. 10, 20, 29, 40 and 55's. Depending on the store, I think they include others under 55g as well.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Grab the 40B. Anything you can do in a 20/29, you can also do in a 40. Plus 40Bs are just so awesome.

Got my 40B, 20L sump, and 10g QT from the $/gal sale quite a bit ago :). It is a good combo, really.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
ugh i always miss these sales when i need them. and here one is when i totally dont need it lol. too bad no more room for tanks.
The good thing is, they seem to have them 4x a year now. If you have Pet Supplies Plus near you, they do $1/gal sales too.

I hear you on the room. I've got room, but none of it is ideal for water changes. I'd at some point like to setup a fish room in my partially finished basement, but I'd have to setup a means for tank filling and discharge. No utility sink down there and a drain crock in the floor that gravity feeds to road. 40yr/old septic system means no "python water changer" either. :( Have I talked myself out of it yet?

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
I just went there today and saw all their tanks... I miss mine. It was SO hard not coming home with one, but I'm on a super-tight budget. Also, it would not do well in the cross-country move that is to come... :/ I'd love a 40b...

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Mdngt- I've probably said it before, but I love that pearl gourami in your avatar!

I've got a female pearl that I've had for a year or so. She's real sweet, but kind of stand-offish unless it's feeding time.

I hear you on the 40b, but I've got an itch to do a single oscar in a 55g. I realize this is bare minimum for tank sizes, but he/she would have it to themselves..

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
Thanks. I really miss my pearls. I had a pair when I lived up north, but the fish were too much to drive all the way south. I want to get one again when I return up north. The pearl's had such personality. They ruled the 55 they were in, and always came around when I sat to watch them. They are amazing fish. I also really miss my baby whale fish... He passed away during a power outage when I had to move all the fish in buckets to keep them from freezing... I cried for the whole weekend...

The 55 would be nice... but I still think it would be tight for an oscar. If you can find that 75 for less, that would be ideal. If I knew I could move them back with me, I would totally do a 55 with a electric blue jd... love those guys!