Disturbed my molting Fiddler

Jan 29, 2018
I have just gotten two female fiddler crabs and have been noticing some odd stuff. They really weren't eating so I assumed I was over feeding. Today when I came home one appeared to be dead. She was upside down and not moving. I poked her and moved her around assuming she was stuck. She twitched a little but no major movements. Remembering that they molt and that she appeared to be alive I looked it up and sure enough she is exsibiting all the signs. I'm now really worried that I may have hurt or messed up the molting process by moving her quite a bit. Should I be worried, or is there anything I can do?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I have just gotten two female fiddler crabs and have been noticing some odd stuff. They really weren't eating so I assumed I was over feeding. Today when I came home one appeared to be dead. She was upside down and not moving. I poked her and moved her around assuming she was stuck. She twitched a little but no major movements. Remembering that they molt and that she appeared to be alive I looked it up and sure enough she is exsibiting all the signs. I'm now really worried that I may have hurt or messed up the molting process by moving her quite a bit. Should I be worried, or is there anything I can do?
I wouldn't think you have hurt it any. however, I'd leave it be and hope that everything goes ok. I've had crawdads die in the middle of molting. it's not common but it does happen, something goes wrong with the molt and they stress, or they get part way out and get cut on something sharp, since their new shell is super soft.