Unexpected fry

Jul 6, 2015
I bought 2 female red wag swordtails to go in my tank on May 8th. We went out of town over night on July 3rd for a funeral and returned on the 4th and had 2 fry. I was told when I bought them that they could be pregnant but since we made it past the 30-45 days we wouldn't be having any fry. I do not know the sex of my other fish but they are not swordtails. I have a red tail shark, barb shark, snail, and an algae eater. Surprisingly the red tail shark shares his territory with the 2 female red wags. We have a 30 gallon tank with live and fake plants and lots of other little hiding places. I almost didn't see the 1 fry as it was so small and hiding in a plant. We found the 2nd one when we got the breeder net to put in the tank and removed some of the hiding places to catch the fry to put in the separate area to keep them safe. I imagine there were many more fry but probably were eaten. I'm just trying to figure out how we ended up with fry after having them for 56 days.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
A lot of livebearers have this fun ability to store sperm for a while, and thus can be pregnant (multiple times) despite no longer being exposed to a male.

Jul 6, 2015
A lot of livebearers have this fun ability to store sperm for a while, and thus can be pregnant (multiple times) despite no longer being exposed to a male.
How long should I watch for more fry then? The 2 fry are doing great. Also when can I allow them out of the breeder net? They are only 3/16" long right now.