My 30 Gallon Fish Tank

Jul 31, 2012
Okay so ive had my 30 gallon set up for like 6 months now. Im about to move into a new house so im waiting till then to get some live plants. Im planning to just line the back with live plants. Mostly everything was bought at walmart or big al's. All fish bought at big al's. I just have a small community tank. After the move ill be setting up a 10 gallon with one or 2 dwarf puffers. Going to be awesome! So this is my tank... Okay so it seems i cant add any pictures, dont know whats wrong with the site.. But this is what i have in my tank

-8 Guppies
-6 Neon Tetras
-2 Pineapple sword tails
-1 Mini Angel
-1 Clown Loach
-1 Albino Red-Tipped Shark
-1 ballon Kissing Fish
-1 Pleco
-1 Otto

Feb 27, 2009
Can't wait to see the pics when you can get them posted.

Not sure what a 'mini-angel' is, I've never heard of that.

The clown loach will outgrow your tank. They should be kept in groups and can grow to a foot in length. Here is a link abou them: Clown Loach (Chromobotia macracanthus) — Loaches Online

Depending on the kind of 'pleco' you have, they can also be 'tank busters.' Some stay small but most get HUGE. Be sure to post a pic of yours if you don't know its type, so pleco-experts can help you determine what size tank he/she will need.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2012
Can't wait to see the pics when you can get them posted.

Not sure what a 'mini-angel' is, I've never heard of that.

The clown loach will outgrow your tank. They should be kept in groups and can grow to a foot in length. Here is a link abou them: Clown Loach (Chromobotia macracanthus) — Loaches Online

Depending on the kind of 'pleco' you have, they can also be 'tank busters.' Some stay small but most get HUGE. Be sure to post a pic of yours if you don't know its type, so pleco-experts can help you determine what size tank he/she will need.
Thanks :). The mini angel is what big al's called it. They had angel fish in 3 different tanks, 3 different sizes. Mini, medium and large and we bought the last mini one in the store. Well i actually think it was suppose to be in the medium tank cause he or she is pretty big now for whats suppose to be a mini angel fish. Yeah i know the clown loach gets big, me and my husband are getting a bigger tank when we move into our new house. And the bottom feeder, yeah i have 2 different kinds. I know the one gets really big and the other doesnt, i always forget there names. Ill post pictures

Feb 27, 2009
The mini angel is what big al's called it. They had angel fish in 3 different tanks, 3 different sizes. Mini, medium and large and we bought the last mini one in the store. Well i actually think it was suppose to be in the medium tank cause he or she is pretty big now for whats suppose to be a mini angel fish.
I've never heard of a 'mini-angel'...there are several species that are sold as freshwater angelfish, but they all get large given good water conditions and space to grow.

Yeah i know the clown loach gets big, me and my husband are getting a bigger tank when we move into our new house.
What sized tank?

And the bottom feeder, yeah i have 2 different kinds. I know the one gets really big and the other doesnt, i always forget there names.
You mention a pleco (can grow huge, depending on the species) and an otto (presuming one of the Otocinclus species - all stay under 2 inches and are normally best kept in groups).

Jul 31, 2012
I've never heard of a 'mini-angel'...there are several species that are sold as freshwater angelfish, but they all get large given good water conditions and space to grow.

What sized tank?

You mention a pleco (can grow huge, depending on the species) and an otto (presuming one of the Otocinclus species - all stay under 2 inches and are normally best kept in groups).
Yeah the angel continues to grow. She or he is soo cute though, always comes and says hi when my face is there. I want to get more. As for our tank its a older custom 200 gallon my brother had set up before he moved out. We took it off his hands for our house. Yeah i know one is a pleco and the other looks similar but more like a small bottom feeder shark and he only gets a few inchs and prefers to be alone. These are pictures of my tank right now. Ill have to get pictures of indivudal fish. Tanks lacking some plants right now, were kinda postboning things cause we move next weekend.
IMG01120-20120731-0743.jpg IMG01121-20120731-0743.jpg IMG01122-20120731-0743.jpg IMG01124-20120731-0743.jpg IMG01126-20120731-0744.jpg

Jul 31, 2012
First couple are my tank. And then theres the clown loach and the ablino red tipped shark. There a little bigger now, this is when i just got them. Actually my clown loach hasnt been himself for the past few days. Anyone have experience with clown loaches? If your willing to hear his symtoms let me know

Jul 31, 2012
What are the clown loach's sypmptoms?

Clowns can be very finicky about water conditions. What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10
PH - 7.5

His symtoms began when we put the breeding box in. Hes just been hiding in our log, just chilling there. Not moving to much. He doesnt come out to eat but will pick on a alge waffer if we get it into the log. Hes usually pretty active, swimming around the whole tank. Had him for about 4 months now. Yeah he should have buddies but my tank isnt big enough for more and hes been fine on his own. Like i said hes usually pretty active. Hes actually become good friends with the shark, there buddies. Any suggestions? Think hes just affraid of the new tank in the tank