ungodly

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
yep i've seen that one before. i think your right kissy they are illegal. imagine what would happen if fish like that were let loose in lakes cause someone couldn't keep it, do to its size. so much for catching pan fish anymore, cause those monsters could rip apart a small lake in no time.

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
Sick people

how can ppl do this and get away with it???????
ya feed you fish but not more then they can chew or like this..
i cant believe how sick and twisted some people are !
how the hell can someone take pleasure in doing that
ya there just fish but there still a living breathing creature !
i only watched half that video and it makes me sick !
later
Bryan...........................

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
this video isnt exactly ethical for fish keepers, but it is a way of feeding ones fish. Although snakeheads do just fine eating frogs and carp at the age of the one shown in the video. What I DO NOT FEEL IS RIGHT is this fish being kept in home aquaria, IT SHOULD NOT BE. It shouldn't even be in the US. It's already illegal in a handful of states and by that I mean > 10. The major problem with this fish is that ignorant fishkeepers by them, they grow 2-3 feet, and if they can no longer house them they potentially release them into the wild, and these things could literally destroy a community lake in minutes. Also a pregnant female can drop > 100,000 eggs creating more terror for the lakes and rivers in our country. Not a good sign for the fish of america people

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
Yep, they're illegal in 13 states. There was a "sighting" here in the UK a few years ago in a river, which proved to be a hoax but caused a huge uproar. Apparently what had happened was one had been found lieing in the street dead, got preserved, and then photographed to make it look like it'd be caught. There were concerns that it could completely ruin the biodiversity of the river it was supposedly found in but in reality at the time of year it was found there'd be no way it could survive in the river for very long at all.

I don't really mind a fish being fed to another fish; that's natural. However, it's the ignorance of the people who keep these "monster fish" that bothers me. They don't know any better though. They just need to be informed. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of people with tanks big enough to house that thing. It'll most likely end up in a river...

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I don't really mind a fish being fed to another fish; that's natural. However, it's the ignorance of the people who keep these "monster fish" that bothers me. They don't know any better though. They just need to be informed. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of people with tanks big enough to house that thing. It'll most likely end up in a river...
person who posted that video on youtube should be tracked and arrested. the fish is more than likely illegal in his state.

It's generally men who unreasonably house predatory fish because they think they're "cool" showing off their 12 inch fish in a 20G tank... bunch of macho idiots really. When I feel like being macho, I dunk a basketball, not illegally home fish. I could easily call out a handful of people on this site that do it for fun because they think its cool and show it off; take Widebody2 for example. RedTail catfish in a 40G, why would he do it? ask him

LadyLail

Large Fish
Dec 31, 2008
NC
www.myspace.com
I just saw a documentary not too long ago about snakeheads being released and taking over a lake in VA (if memory serves me right). They had to kill EVERYTHING in the lake just to get rid of the snakeheads. That's why I can't stand videos like that. Yeah, it's not the most thrilling to watch the bait fish, but the snakehead has to eat (and at least they're getting fed!)- it's the conditions they live in- you know that 99% of those fish either get released into the wild or killed off in some ungodly manner when they get too big for these 55g and 75g tanks...I think the owners should be caught and them jailed in a 6'x6' cell to show them the equivilance of what they had their "monster fish" in.

I just saw a documentary not too long ago about snakeheads being released and taking over a lake in VA (if memory serves me right). They had to kill EVERYTHING in the lake just to get rid of the snakeheads. That's why I can't stand videos like that. Yeah, it's not the most thrilling to watch the bait fish, but the snakehead has to eat (and at least they're getting fed!)- it's the conditions they live in- you know that 99% of those fish either get released into the wild or killed off in some ungodly manner when they get too big for these 55g and 75g tanks...I think the owners should be caught and them jailed in a 6'x6' cell to show them the equivilance of what they had their "monster fish" in.
...which is why they shouldn't be sold. (As soon as I get a grade on my paper, I will post it here.)